Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: In-App billing V2 RESTORE TRANSACTIONS not working

It sounds like it is trying to restore from the server. In early BlackBerry 10 and all PlayBook OS versions a call to restore from the server resulted in an error.

Your best option would be to test out that your app is fully working on an Android platform then bring it over to BlackBerry 10 as is, performing some sandbox testing to verify the in app purchasing works as expected.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
My Device: Black berry Play book
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

Yes, i had checked it in Android Device, and its perfectly working fine and then only i have submitted the app to BB world and they have also APPROVED that, i am wondering why its not working.

And major thing is i am not being CHARGED for PURCHASING the item.

As i had told you before i was unable to test RESTORE part from BB Playbook, and after you suggested that we cannot test RESTORE with test purchases and its only possible with REAL purchases.I have cross verified it 2 to 3 times from google store and then only i decide to go ahead.

Anyways i guess its my bad luck or something, i will test the app on Z10 or Z30 once,Can you please suggest me anything ? can you test it from your end if possible?

Retired

If your BBID is in the list of sandbox users then you will not get charged and no transactions will be logged. That explains the behavior you're seeing.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Ok,so it's because of that I am being charged and restore that item? I will remove my BBID from sandbox account and test it once, but my question is I am now purchasing the item from BB WORLD ,so that means if I purchase any other product I mean other app,also it will not be charged, is it like that or I am wrong?
Retired

Sandbox mode only applies to your own apps, you will still be charged when purchasing any other vendor's items or apps.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor

Ok, if I remove my BBID from sandbox account it will work right? Or do I mandatorily test it from other BBID
Retired

Either will work. 

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor

Thanks a ton for you help, all issues are solved and now the app is working fine.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Simulator - developer
My Carrier: No provider

Restore transactions is not functioning for me either; I have a more general question, though.

Our app was written with IAP V3 for Android, I had to use IAP V2 as a part of the BlackBerry port, so I had no chance to test the app on Android. Is there a way fto run an app on BlackBerry in test mode, and catch LogCat output in Eclipse? It would be invaluable to be able to test the IAP API with LogCat output to spot any problems first hand. As it is, I can only guess why my calls are failing.

So, how does one test IAP from SDK with LogCat?