Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9000 9810
Accepted Solution

Incorrect version name in Blackberry World

Hi all

I am using blackberry-apkpackager to package apk->bar.

Original manifest.xml has two fields defined for the version:

(example)

android:versionCode="14"
android:versionName="1.30.0"

After packaging the manifest.mf has the following two defined:

Package-Version: 1.0.14.0

Application-Version: 1.0.14.0

Of course, after signing and deploying to Blackberry World, the application (using sandbox) shows 

Version: 1.0.14.0

Question 1: How can I get it to show 1.30.0 ?

I am using using only BB10 tools (the beta) and thus cannot rely on eclipse although eclipse did not help Smiley Happy

I saw people mentioning .lsv files but I cannot get those. Where is the documentation for that?

My last resort is to unzip the .bar after packaging, edit the manifest.mf, zipping the .bar file back, signing it and pushing to the Blackberry world.  Anyone have any better idea?

What about android.cfg? Cannot find documentation for that one too Smiley Sad

i would also gladly use -m and/or -ma swithces of the blackberry-apkpackager but don't have the docs for that too Smiley Sad RIM please give us some documentation...

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"
Developer

Re: Incorrect version name in Blackberry World

Unfortunately unzipping the .bar, editing the manifest an zipping it up and then sent to signing does not work.

I guess the reason for that is the Package-Version-Id which I don't know how to update after changing the Package-Version.

Hoping for a hint....

Developer

Re: Incorrect version name in Blackberry World

I found the solution.

Thanks to: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18646464/new-blackberry-app-world-error-bar-manifest-file-package...

Quote:

"Evidently something changed in the BlackBerry build tools. Try setting the application's android:versionName attribute to a 4-part value (such as 3.1.0.1). BlackBerry has always used this format (major.minor.micro.build) for native apps. It seems that unless your Android manifest has the same format, the BlackBerry build tools fail to parse the versionName attribute and use a fall-back"

That's exactly what happened in my case. The android:versionName used major.minor.micro, and bbtools then reverted to android:versionCode to generate something completely useless Smiley Happy

I would still love to see some documentation about all this...