Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: TRUE

Is it possible to find current version of application

I don't know why i can't Sign for App World, when i try to sign my app the eclipse always show me that

"Code signing request failed because this version of the application or package has been previously signed. Please increment the version(s) and try signing again."

why this message come? really, this is my first time to sign and never sign before. i try to change versionCode in AndroidMenifest.xml and QuickFix also but it doesn't help me anything.

so, the question is how can i find current version or last version when this error message has come?

ps. it would be nice and make sense if developer show the last version in this error message

regards

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Re: Is it possible to find current version of application

In AndroidMenifest.xml increase versionCode and sign your app again. Doing Refresh/clean project after increasing versioncode is good habit also.
New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi,

The documentation says, you should increase the version code. But most of the times it does not work. So, It's better not to sign for app world if you are still on development. I mean, Test your app using Right Click your project->Run As->BlackBerry Android Launch. When you are done with your app and you are ready to submit your app, you can export the project to apk as you do for google Play store release and use that apk in BlackBerry online package tool available at (https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/bpaa/).

Thanks,

Karthik

New Contributor

sorry guys, your solutions doesn't work.

i try to change versionCode more than 30 times but cann't.

i try in eclipse plugin the error will show in above, if i use sign with online it will show

"This APK was already packaged and signed, please update the APK’s version number to package again"

it's too bad when work on what we don't know.

ps. i absolutely to say that R.I.M should show what version i have signed! 

ps2. i'm really sure this is first time i sign the app.

New Developer

What do u mean it doesn't work?

I asked you to get rid of the Eclipse plugin. Becuase it's buggy.

Take your apk and use online package tool to convert into bar..

And use that bar file to release your app to BlackBerry World..

New Contributor

i used online package tool also but it show me that

"This APK was already packaged and signed, please update the APK’s version number to package again"

after that i change the versionCode by increase version number and re-package agian but... it doesn't work.

i try this thing 10 times....

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 10

Increasing the Version code should work. If it doesn't perhaps you need to increase the version again? I know I have forgotten if I previously signed an app, so you can always jump from 1 or 2 to say 10 to be sure.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators
New Developer

Hi Matt,

Sometimes, no matter what number you have, it throws the same error. I tried increasing 100 and sometimes random number too. It is like when you try to save a file  with a name "jhsalkjhsglkjvbnkjldhgkljbkd.txt" and still windows says "The file name already exists. Do you wanna replace it?" Smiley Tongue

-Karthik