Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: optus mobile

Re: Issue with online signing and bar creation

Hi James,
Thanks for the reply. I have given details of OS Windows 7 ( it is 32 bit proffessional) and Firefox 10.0. There is a folder Meta-inf, that only contains the Manifest.MF file. The error is:
We're sorry, an error occurred while processing your request. The information has been registered and we're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.
If I try to get the file signed again, I get a message that it is already signed.
New Contributor
My Device: none (developer)
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm using FireFox 9.0.1 on Ubuntu 11.10

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I've got the same problem. The first 3 steps without problems, the .bar file is created but does not contain the required files and I get the error message. I've tried it on Windows 7 with Chrome 16.

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

I think I have the same issue.

Firefox 9.0.1

Ubuntu 11.10

Eclipse Helios

Sun JDK installed

Small detail - Eclipse puts the developer certificate in .rim but the applet file dialog can't see hidden (.) directories.

Also - found the applet doesn't seem to work on Chrome on the same OS.

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

At this point in time, Linux machines are not supported by the online packager. We're working towards a solution as we speak.

If you are indeed developing on a Linux machine, I would suggest using the BlackBerry plug-in for ADT as it will allow you to optimize your application for the BlackBerry PlayBook while allowing you to remain within the ADT IDE.

BlackBerry plug-in for ADT
https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/documentation/install_plugin_prerequisites_1895476_11.ht...

If you are receiving the error message that your BAR file has already been signed, you will be required to increase the version of your application in order to apply the signature again. This can be done within your IDE through the Manifest (then repackage the APK and BAR), or by using the command-line tools kickver argument.

kickver example:

>bin\kickver <myApplication.bar>

>bin\apk2bar <myApplication.apk> -m

For the above example, both the converted BAR and APK files reside in the bin folder. Be sure to include the -m parameter.

James Dreher
BlackBerry Development Advisor