Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

Link to my eventual AppWorld page?

In my Android App I have various ways to encourage the user to rate my App or to find more of my Apps on the Android Market, how would I do something equivalent on BB? Even if its as simple as linking to my App World web page, how do I figure out the URL before publishing?

I could probably create my own website and redirect once I know the AppWorld URL, but I would rather not have to do that.

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Link to my eventual AppWorld page?

to find AppWorld url what I did was go to http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/ in the search box type name of your app Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

Right but how do I do that before I publish my App? Since i need to include the url in the app code. In Android you can figure out the eventual url by looking at the package name.
Developer
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Three

I also wondered the same thing. I had a feature which takes users to the market so they can rate the app, and also to post on twitter/FB.

I'm pretty sure its not possible as the structuring of app world links is like this (https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/7327/?lang=en)

As your just given a number I imagine it just increments per app submitted so I don't believe there is any way to know prior to acceptance.
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

you may have to publish app, get url, release update to app Smiley Happy