Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: None

Native STL library

I my application I am using "stlport_shared" library from android ndk. I guess there is support for stl in blackberry ndk as well.
Can I use the stl port's .so from blackberry and put that in my app to compile it for blackberry directly? or I need to make any changes in my app and replacing simply .so will not work? Where can i get the .so file for stl for blackberry.

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Native STL library

[ Edited ]

As far as I know any app that involves native code are not supported by the player so you'll have to port your app directly.

Source: https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/unsupportedapi_blackberry10_software_features.ht...

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: None

Is there any tool which can be used to port the complete code easily or something which can do the conversion? or i need to re-write it line-by-line?

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Indosat

[ Edited ]

Well, if your app is not a game, since android and blackberry are two different monsters, I guess you can keep the native part of your codes (or only port a few lines that are specific only to the Android NDK) but still you'll have to rewrite especially the UI part of your app using Cascades. BlackBerry 10 also have their own user-experience on apps so yeah, you should adapt their UX guidelines too if you want to bring the best experience for the users.