Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
04-08-2012 12:56 AM
The BlackBerry tools for Eclipse are causing problems in projects that don't even have the BlackBerry Nature installed in them.
I'm not sure if this problem started before I installed ADT R17, but there's some sort of conflict now. When I click on the filename of a raw resource, I get an error with org.eclipse.ui.workbench. More specifically:
Is there any workaround until RIM fixes this bug?
04-08-2012 10:33 AM
I am no expert by any measure, but I have a thought for you. Do you have a(n) blackberry project that won't compile right now due to errors? If so, do you have Build Automatically checked in Eclipse. There may be a conflict there.
Also, are you talking about .raw files, i.e. "raw" camera images? If not, what file extensions are giving you the problem? I just fully updated my Eclipse plugins this morning inclding Android and Blackberry, and cannot replicate your issue.
04-12-2012 04:44 PM
Thanks for the help. It was the extension (plus a BB bug).
The files are text files (with no extension), but are included in the raw folder within resources because of the way I am loading them in my app.
I tested with a proper extension, and there's no problem. I suspect that when there's no file extension it goes all the way through all of the file handler hooks/callbacks and the BB one just can't handle it.
So I guess in this case I can either rename my files, or just disable the BB plugin if it really bothers me. I will probably just live with it for now.
If I navigate away from the file after opening it, I can close the error and continue working (it does open the file). I'm not sure how I got into the infinite loop before where it kept popping up the error, but that's gone now.
Also, no errors in my BB project (and no difference if it's open or closed), but that was worth checking.