Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8310

Pick a contact works but pick a contact with active BBM PIN doesn't work

Hi,

I used below intent to ask user to pick up a contact in native address book.

new Intent(Intent.ACTION_PICK, ContactsContract.Contacts.CONTENT_URI) 

In onActivityResult(int resultcode, Intent intent), I check resultcode like RESULT_OK, RESULT_CANCELED, etc.

The API returns RESULT_OK and valid Intent instance, if the contact doesn't have a BBM PIN, or have a BBM PIN but it's not authenticated by the PIN user.

But if the contact has a BBM PIN which has been authenticated(so called active PIN), the RESULT_CANCELED is returned with null Intent instance.

The pick contact screen has a Cancel button on top-left conner, clicking that also returns RESULT_CANCELED with null intent instance.

I think this is a bug, can anyone to confirm? or maybe you can tell a solution. Thanks.

By the way, I was trying to report it in RIM's issue tracker. I was so upset that I got a timeout page after I spent 10 minutes to input an accurate and detailed test case... 

William

EasyDialer -- Calling card dialer, Google Voice Dialer, Conference Call dialer! Relieve the pain of dialing lengthy numbers...
----------------------------------------
If you love it, please let friends know.
If you hate it, please let me know.