Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Play streaming videos through HDMI on Q10 at full screen

Hi guys!

I'm still freaking out after seeing that Q10 devices can't play at full screen when connected through HDMI, they work at the same resolution as the device.

NAtive video player has an option to "send to" HDMI that plays videos full screen, but any other app can't. This means any other player app than native one can't work full screen...

Is there anything we can do on android runtime to play a video on hdmi output directly?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
New Developer
My Device: bb q10
My Carrier: koodo

Re: Play streaming videos through HDMI on Q10 at full screen

When playing a video from your q10 you can go to the menu ( the three dots) for that video and if you are connected to a monitor/tv by hdmi there is an option to use "Play on" - click on that and then choose the HDMI option. This will project/play the video on the monitor/tv using the full screen instead of just the native resolution ( small, square) that is on the phone ( and therefore appears to be 1/3 -1/2 the size it should be).

There is also then the Display setting on the phone - choose that and then go down to "HDMI Display mode" to choose the screen resolution to fine tune the image size, etc. on the external monitor/tv.

If the sound doesn't work on one chosen HDNI Display mode resolution then try another - for some reson half of the screen resolutions didn't project the sound onto the monitor/tv no matter if the "HDMI Audio " button was turned on.

Don't know why this isn't in the user manual but....