Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Playbook PIN

How do you get the Playbook PIN in an Android app?

Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Playbook PIN

You can't

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

That bites.  How do you implement dynamic licensing if you can't get the PIN?

Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

I've been asking myself the same question, another post here suggested that you'll have to provide a method for the user to enter their PIN and license key manually so you can verify them.

I suppose the App World will still hit your server with the correct PIN since it's getting this natively then your app could either incorporate the code to generate a key so you can confirm it or you could query your server with the PIN entered by the user.  It will have to be server based anyway because I don't think there is any way to save permanent data via an Android app (like we could with the persistent store on BB OS).

What worries me is the steady flow of users who contact me to say they never received a license key from the App World (from my BB OS apps)..

It's a shame they didn't make the BAR format an encrypted container in which they could embed a key (and from which it would be impossible to extract the APK) the current BAR is just a zip file.