Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: Ported Android Application Upgrade Issue "NEED HELP"

When I type blackberry-debugtokenrequest with no arguments, the help that it prints does not include a -cskpass option.  However, if I don't provide a -cskpass argument, I get the same error message I've been getting trying to link BBID tokens:

Error: The signature on the code signing request didn't verify. The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.

Version number of blackberry-debugtokenrequest is 3.0.9

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

A while ago the command arguments were simplified to use the same password for both your Developer Certificate (author.p12, storepass) and code signing key.

Since yours are different you need to specify both.  The previous command arguments that required both passwords to be entered are still supported, but hidden in the help.

Linking shouldn't require the Developer Certificate, but as a test could you create a BlackBerry ID Token that matches your Developer Certificate password (author.p12)?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

I entered my storepass password as the password for generating a new BBID token and downloaded it to the default location, then ran

blackberry-signer -linkcsk -oldcskpass <old CSK password> -bbidcskpass <author.p12 storepass password> 

and I got the same error message.  I also tried with the new downloaded bbidtoken.csk in a non default location and specifying its full path with -bbidtoken - same result.

Am I maybe just hitting some corner case here w/the tools because my signing key setup is deprecated w/no path to modernize?