Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Ported Android Application Upgrade Issue "NEED HELP"

[ Edited ]

Are you typing out the command or using copy and paste?  If you copied it, try typing it out.  The - character can sometimes be swapped between hypen and dash, which look the same but don't behave the same on the command line and can cause odd errors like this.

If the same error remains can you post the command you are using and the exact response (sensor out your passwords)?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Typing in manually - no copy/paste.  I've read a few of the threads and comments from other folks who had problems.

Ok, can you paste the exact response you get when you try to link?

Mark Sohm

Developer

Command:

c:\Dev\SDKs\BlackBerry\AIR\CommandLine\blackberry-tablet-sdk-3.2.1\bin>blackberry-signer -linkcsk -bbidtoken C:\Dev\BlackBerry\Signing\bbidtoken.csk -oldcskpass <old CSK password>  -bbidcskpass <BBID token CSK password>

Output:

Error: The signature on the code signing request didn't verify.  The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.

Verification of tool version:

c:\Dev\SDKs\BlackBerry\AIR\CommandLine\blackberry-tablet-sdk-3.2.1\bin>blackberry-signer
blackberry-signer version 3.0.9

Copyright (C) 2010-2013 BlackBerry Limited

This application signs and verifies BAR (BlackBerry Archive) files.

Usage:

....etc .... 

You mentioned that you signed an application from the command line using the older, code signing key method to verify your password.  Can you also try to create a debug token from the command line?  Is that process using the same password as signing?  In most cases the signing and debug token creation passwords are the same, but if you manually installed separately there is a chance they could be different.  If they are, try linking using that password.

Mark Sohm

Developer

The cskpass and storepass passwords that I use for signing and for creating debug tokesn are identical.  I've used this flow successfully off and on over the last 2 years or so.  I just now generated a new debug token successfully to confirm that none of my recent attempts at linking a BBID token have broken my debug token generation batch file.

Developer

To be clear:  my cskpass and storepass passwords are different from each other, but i use the same cskpass for signing as I do for debug token creation, and i also use the same storepass password for signing as I do for debug token creation.

UberschallSamsara wrote:

To be clear:  my cskpass and storepass passwords are different from each other, but i use the same cskpass for signing as I do for debug token creation, and i also use the same storepass password for signing as I do for debug token creation.

This seems to contradict.  Is your Developer Certificate (author.p12) the same as the CSK password used to sign and create debug tokens?  There are 4 passwords in play here:

1. Developer Certificate (author.p12) - Storepass.
  2. CSK Signing Password.
  3. CSK Debug Token creation password.
  4. BlackBerry ID Token password.

Note that #1 is used with #2, 3 and 4.  If #1 is the same as the others you don't need to specify them separately.

Mark Sohm

Developer

Hm, ok I need to do some digging here.  My batchfile based signing and debug flows have not changed much since the PlayBook days, and I had assumed rightly or wrongly that the cmdline tools would stay backward compatible.

But as one other point of info, one of the other variant commandlines I tried in my attempts to link my legacy signing keys w/my BBID token used my storepass password instead of my cskpass and that failed, with the same error message I posted earlier in this thread.

Developer

[ Edited ]

MSohm wrote:

UberschallSamsara wrote:

This seems to contradict.  Is your Developer Certificate (author.p12) the same as the CSK password used to sign and create debug tokens?  There are 4 passwords in play here:

1. Developer Certificate (author.p12) - Storepass.
  2. CSK Signing Password.
  3. CSK Debug Token creation password.
  4. BlackBerry ID Token password.

Note that #1 is used with #2, 3 and 4.  If #1 is the same as the others you don't need to specify them separately.

I don't seem to have a separate #2 and #3.  I use the same -cskpass value when I sign as when I create a debug token.  And my #1 is different from my #2 and #3.   I set this up a couple years ago based on whatever signing instructions were published at the time.