Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Problem Signing

Hi,

When I try to sign my Android application via the Eclipse Plugin and either run verify against it or try to submit it to Blackberry World, I get the following error :-
"Bar is not RDK signed Bar is not AUTHOR signed This bar contains unsigned entries which have not been integrity-checked.:

I am unable to determine what the problem is, although I had previously tried to use the Online Packager, and so think I may have mixed things up in some way, particularly as there was a couple of months between me trying the 2 methods.

Anyway, I want to make a clean start, and probably first try the Online Packager. I know that I need to use a different email address, but after I request and get the Code signing keys, then because I have been through this process before and configured the computer as specified as the 2nd step of the Online Packager process, then do I need to do anything so that I can configure the computer again eg. clear the previous configuration in some way.

Similarily if I decide to use the Eclipse Plugin method, then do I need to do anything so that I can start from scratch, eg clear any previous configuration

Thanks very much in advance

Paul

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problem Signing

If you already have code signing keys, don't replace them or else you won't be able to submit upgrades for your applications signed with the previous keys.  The online packager and all BlackBerry 10 SDKs use the same keys.

Are you sure you are using the bar file created from the export release build process and not one created for testing (i.e. running in the simulator)?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
New Contributor

Hi Mark,

Thanks very much for the reply.

I create the bar file by - Right-click the project and select BlackBerry Tools > Sign for BlackBerry World. This bar file is placed in the dist/Android2.3.3 folder. I presume that is correct ?

Sorry, to be absolutely sure, are the 2 csj files the signing keys ?

I have not successfully submitted an app yet, and the app tried to submit is in draft stage in the vendor portal. This is why I thought about starting from scratch wrt the keys, etc.

Thanks very much

Paul

My Carrier: Bell

Hi pxmartin,

You are correct in that the BAR file should be placed in the 'dist' directory after creating the BAR file (via Sign for BlackBerry World). 

Are your signature keys registered when you select Window->Preferences->BlackBerry->BlackBerry Tools SDK->Bar Signer? If not, this is where you can register your CSJ files.

James Dreher
New Contributor

Hi James,

Yes, it seems that the signature keys are registered as the Register option is greyed out, but the Unregister option is available. When I select this, it warns that if I continued I would not be able to then sign apps via this computer and would have to register again.
At Christmas I went firstly on the Online Packager route, getting the keys etc and validating that the app was compatible with Blackberry.  I did not continue any further though, as I still had some additions to make to the app. However, I also configured my eclipse using the files received from RIM.
But when app was finally ready a couple of weeks ago, I had unfortunately forgotten the password details, so created a new vendor registration and got new signing keys, etc.

I tried the Online Packager route, but had an issue, I think it said that the computer had already been configured.

Trying the Eclipse Plugin route gave the error that I mentioned in the first post when trying to sign the app.
So I was thinking that my configuration is mixed up between what I did on the two separate occasions.
I also noticed that with what I did at Christmas, there is a file named Author, but this does not appear with what I have done recently.
Therefore, I thought that it would be better and easier to start from scratch.
So if I do this, what would I need to do to clear the current configuration ? Is it just a case of selecting the unregister option as described, and then create a new Vendor account, and request new signing keys, etc.

Thanks very much for your help. It is much appreciated.

Paul

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi James,

Any ideas please ?

Thanks very much

Paul