Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Three

Problem with Online Conversion Tool

Hi, I am trying to use the Online Conversion Tool at https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/bpaa/ to create a BAR file from an APK. I have checked compatibility and am at the point of conversion. I have added the csj files plus CSK and Keystore passwords and reigstration PIN. I used Eclipse to create the developer certificate file (author.p12). However, when I try to set the location of the p12 file, the converter doesn't actually display the file, even though it is there. If I add the file name manually, ie. C:\Users\xx\Downloads\Blackberry\Android-Pack-7August\author.p12, I get the message 'The entered file exists. Please enter a new file.' Can anyone troubleshoot this problem?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

Re: Problem with Online Conversion Tool

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I think the problem is with your author.p12 file.

Normally, when you create your signing credentials, the keytool creates for you three files: author.p12, barsigner.csk, and barsigner.db (the default location is c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\).

You should restore your original credentials to this location and then the online packager should be able to sign your app successfully.

Regards,

Imre

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Three

Re: Problem with Online Conversion Tool

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem. I should have mentioned that I originally tried using the default folder, which I can confirm does include the author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db files. However, exactly the same issue applies. The existance of a .p12 file is not recognized by the online program and typing the full name out manually results in the same error mentioned in the first post.