01-09-2013 09:54 AM
I have small problem with displaying cyrillic app name on PlayBook and BB10 simulator. Looks like it's incorrectly encoded from russian.
Problem appeared after updating bb eclipse plugin from version 1.3 to 1.5, with plugin v.1.3 it worked just ok.
Thanks in advance,
Here is screenshot from bb10 simulator:
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-10-2013 10:07 AM
I found workaround myself.
When I got problems with encodding with bb eclipse plugin, I decided to do the same thing with comandline tools.
After tools setup (sing keys, debug tokens, etc), I've tried to repackage my apk file with this command (source apk file was in apk/ folder and destination for bar file was bar/ folder)
./apk2bar apk/ -d bbplaybookdebugtoken.bar -t bar/ -a "zasadnyy" -cg
When I've got .bar file, I've installed it with command:
/batchbar-deploy bar/ 192.168.1.35 mysecretpass
Unfortunatelly result was unsuccsessful, app name was incorrectly encoded again. After first fail I've read documentation a bit more and tried to use this approach: http://developer.blackberry.com/android/documentat
When I unzipped bar file and opened MANIFEST.MS - I've found this line:
According to documentation solution should be quite strainforward:
1. Rename MANIFEST.MS to <you apk name>.mf
2. Update incorrect properties, in my case I've changed line from above to "Application-Name: Герои"
3. Put edited manifest file in the same folder as <your apk name>.apk and rerun apk2bar tool with -m parameter, e.g.:
./apk2bar apk/ -d bbplaybookdebugtoken.bar -t bar/ -a "zasadnyy" -m -cg
Repackage, deploy, run and ..... and again FAIL. Application name was "–ì–µ—Ä–æ–∏".
After second fail, I decided to make dirty hack, I've edited MANIFEST.MF directly in repackaged bar file (Unzip -> edit manifest -> zip -> change file extension to .bar).
Deploy updated .bar file to playbook and .... YEAH, we've got cyrilic app name!