Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Push Issue in Building BAR from APK

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone!

First time poster on these forums. I am really stuck on an issue I believe to be with push notifications. I am converting an Android app to a BB10 BAR using the Eclipse plugin. The plugin works fantastically when I try to build it using the "BlackBerry Tools > Sign for BlackBerry World", but when it attempts to sign the BAR it chokes and gives the following error message:

Error: Code signing request failed because [_sys_use_consumer_push] in Entry-Point-System-Actions is not allowed.    DocHaloAndroid.bar    /DocHaloAndroid/dist/Android 3.0    /Users/alottazs/Documents/dochalo/dochalo_android/DocHaloAndroid/dist/Android 3.0/DocHaloAndroid.bar    BlackBerry Signing Problem

I have scoured the interwebs looking for an explanation. I have tried disabling certain portions of the app. But to no avail, I cannot get past this issue. Since I cannot sign it, I cannot deploy it, etc.

Any thoughts from more experienced BB developers that might assist a humble Android dev?

EDIT: I found that commenting these permissions from the AndroidManifest.xml allowed to at least sign it and deploy it. Unfortunately it crashes when it runs because my app NEEDS these permissions.

androidSmiley TonguerotectionLevel="signature" />

<uses-permission android:name="com.dochalo.dochalo.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE" />

My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Push Issue in Building BAR from APK

Hey there,

Have you taken a look at our Push Support page? 

Link: https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/creating_push-enabled_android_apps.html

Justin Jasmann | Android Application Development Consultant
Developer Relations
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Push Issue in Building BAR from APK

Hi Justin,

Yes. I have. Followed it to a T. Sorry that I did not mention that.