Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Simple usage question with regards to using the BB Z10 for testing

Creating a simple/demo apps natively under BB Z10 using the Momentics IDE and testing it out on the device works fine, but, now I am trying do the same with a simple java app. built for android is failing, while testing it on the device. This app. works fine using a android simulator, but fails testing it on the Z10 device.

Two things here,

1. It fails to create the debug tokens, when I tell it to use the debug tokens that is available in the device, it worked fine using the NDK under Momentics IDE. But fails for the Java android runtime.

For the above, I installed the latest eclipse and followed the procedure/instructions listed in the below link:

while installing the Android SDK, I selected both the latest Android SDK 4.2.2 API 17 and 2.3.3 API 10 with android support library in the extras and all if android sdk tools, everything got installed correctly including the ADT plugin for eclipse and the BB plugin for android development. tools. The app is built with Anroid 2.3.3 API 10 and my BB z10 device is running provided by my service provider.

Here is the error I get creating debug tokens:

"Error loading certificate: java.io.IOException: subject key, java.security.InvalidKeyException: Invalid EC key

2. Accepting this and continue executing with "BB Android launch", I get the below error:

[2013-06-21 12:41:38] Entering BBconnect()
[2013-06-21 12:41:49 - HelloWorld] Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=0 A network error occurred while communicating with the target. null

Any ideas, what is going on? looks like a simple error to me, definitely, someone may have come across this error?

any help is greatly apperciated, thanks!

My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Simple usage question with regards to using the BB Z10 for testing

Hey there,

I'll take a guess here and assume that you've got JDK7 installed. You'll need to switch your IDE's to use JDK6.

System Requirements: https://developer.blackberry.com/android/documentation/sys_requirements_1848536_11.html

Justin Jasmann | Android Application Development Consultant
Developer Relations