Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Android
My Carrier: O2

Simulator - Screen capture/screenshot

Hello

Using Android, more specificly the DDMS, its possible to capture the screen - usefull when creating screenshots for the appworld/market.

I have noticed this isn't available for the VMWare Simulator - just a blue cross.

Does anyone have tips of the best way to obtain a suitable screenshot for appworld?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Wind

Re: Simulator - Screen capture/screenshot

I'm also trying to figure out how to do this. DDMS simply provides a message that says Capturing... Nothing, however, is captured.

Michael

Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

There is no such feature you need to use the standard Windows PrintScreen key way.
Developer

Thanks for the quick response!

It looks like print srceen or Windows Snipping tool looks like the way to go.

Michael

Developer
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Three

The simulator didn't appear very clear for me. Even standard fonts (and the title bar) were rather blurry.

To avoid bad screenshots I took my screenshots on an Android 3.1 test device and cropped all the Android parts out of it.
Developer

You can create an Android Virtual Device (AVD) and define a custom screen size that matches the PlayBook dimensions. Run you app in the AVD, and use the screen capture in the DDMS tab in Eclipse. This should give you the exact dimensions that you need, and avoid the graininess.

Michael