Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Highlighted
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Orange

Unable to make signing keys

So, some of my users have asked if I would make a port of one of my apps to the blackberry playbook.

This seemingly easy process has turned into a journey of extreme frustration.

The current problem is registering the CSJ files so I can get a signing key.

Why is this so difficult?

It seems that no matter what I do, the blackberry servers reject the csj file, and I get a message saying I've probably got the csj pin wrong. This is utter **bleep**, I wrote the pin down very carefully to make sure I didn't get it wrong. I'm now on my THIRD set of csj files, and lo and behold, it's still failing when using the Eclipse plugin.

I've also attempted to follow the guide I found here:

http://inflagrantedelicto.memoryspiral.com/2011/02/blackberry-playbook-code-signing-process/

in this case, I'm seeing the following message:

$ ./blackberry-signer -register -csjpin MYPIN -cskpass MYPASS ~/.rim/client-RDK-NUMBERS.csj
Info: CSK file created.
Error: Error: The HMAC information in the registration request is not valid. The likely cause of this problem is not entering the correct CSJ PIN.
(I've obviously changed the actual password and pin)

Now, the password is something I choose, so that obviously cannot be wrong, and the PIN is 100% correct, no doubt about it.

What am I doing wrong? I have no idea what "HMAC information" is. Maybe the signer is assuming it's the pin when it's something else...

I have three attempts left on this csj files. Maybe I should start the two hour order process again now in preparation...

Frustratingly,

Richard.