Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790 / Bold 9900 / Z10
My Carrier: Movistar Venezuela

WiFi Connection Issue... profiles are not being saved

Hi Community

I am having an annoyance issue with the WiFi...

Each time i reboot or power-off/on the PB, i have to add again the wifi network... after doing this if i go to saved networks the one i added shows up there with no issue, if i turn off the wifi and then back on, it connects again without problems... But if i reboot o turn off/on the PB, the network that was previously saved is gone.

I do not know if you have a tip for this, i already tried manually adding it, adding through the setup wizard.. and the results are the same.

By the way, my playbook language is set up to spanish (venezuela).. when i first downgraded from 2.0 it was because after a security wipe within 2.0, left my device with only two icons: internet browser and setup... it did not have app world, time, weather, etc... so i decided to downgrade to have then back again.

why is this happening? i would like to try a security wipe to see if that solve the wifi issue.. but at the end if i am left with no other icons i will be on a worse boat.

thanks for your time and any help would be appreciated.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: WiFi Connection Issue... profiles are not being saved

Have you re-installed since performing the security wipe?  If not, re-register for the beta and install again.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor

After the security wipe, i downgraded to version 1... then you helped me to get again the 2.0, the problem is within the 2.0

how do i reinstall 2.0?

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

You followed the right process to re-install.  I wasn't sure if you did after doing the security wipe.

Can you try changing the language to English and see if you can reproduce the issue?  I haven't seen or heard of this before... and that is the only variant between our configurations.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes i followed the instructions step by step...

I tried with english as default language, i rebooted configured again the wifi profile it was saved, did a new reboot and the profile is gone.

Now i applied a security wipe, the device is downloading about 115MB from OS 2.0.0.3778 when it is done.. i will see how the wifi behaves and let you know the results.

tks

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: China Unicom

[ Edited ]

MSohm, I have the same issue with wifi connectiong. I have downgraded then update to 2.0 for 5 times, but still cant solve this problem. And I have another issue, if i downgrade then update to 2.0, I cant connet my Desktop Manager, it will tell me "device unplug" while installing the device driver. What's the matter? pls help me...

Otherwise, pls remove my pin from tester list, I downgrand to 1.0.7. Thank you ....I will PM my .PIN to you ..

Contributor

I managed to get this issue solved after the "update" applied when the PB was wiped. I tried several wifi profiles and after reobooting they are kept as saved.

Roiung, I had an issue similar with the Desktop Manager when doing the downgrade.. I managed to get it working using the latest beta version available on the beta zone, also reboot your PC to see if it helps.

New Contributor

I'll try it..thank you very much..

New Contributor

Buddy, thank you very very much...All issues had been solved...You are very powerful!!

Contributor

You are welcome : )

I am very happy we managed to solve this issue.