Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

My Device: None
My Carrier: 2533031076
Accepted Solution

Widgets Supported?

Hello -

I haven't done any BB development before, but have a couple of Android apps I'd like to port to BB.  Does the Playbook Android runtime support widgets?  I get this error when I try to verify my apk with the Verifier:

[#1] minLaunchable-activity-count:impact=5:1:found=0 BlackBerry Verifying Problem

I assume because I don't have an activity that is launched from the launcher that it doesn't like my apk...

My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Widgets Supported?

The PlayBook UI has no widgets (it looks nothing like an Android homescreen) so widgets aren't supported as there'd be nowhere to display them.

Taylor Byrnes
New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Orange

if you try the APK verifier you should get an error...because the verifier is waiting an activity (of course if you have a preferenceactivity the verifier should valid the apk oO)
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Wifi

Blackberry Tablet UI isn't designed to display widgets or other android desktop elements. Too bad for me I have some android apps with cool widgets Smiley Sad meeh Smiley Sad
Same with my live wallpapers... no way to port them Smiley Sad
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

You can find all the features supported and unsupported here: http://goo.gl/J0oOf

sadly Widgets are not supported