Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

apk2bar command line problem

[ Edited ]

When trying to generate the BAR file from the APK and using the Command line tools, I get the following error:

Error: MANIFEST.MF, Invalid value "" for Application-Name

I've addedapplication android:name="bbapp"  but that didn't solve the problem.  Any clue what needs to happen for this to work?

I'm using android revision 10 as instructed in the LAB at DevCon 2011, etc.  The BlackBerry guys in the lab had never seen this error before so maybe this is more of an Android "optional" configuration that is deemed "required" within the confines of generating the BAR file?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: apk2bar command line problem

I figured out the problem.  Even though the error said Application-Name, the manifest needed a label to be supplied.  It's optional for Android, but apparently required for APK2BAR to work.

<Application

android:label="@string/app_name"

Command line to convert it:

./apk2bar YourFileName.apk -d ~/Library/Research\ In\ Motion/BlackBerryPlaybookUSBdebugtoken.bar 

[BarGenerator]
[BarGenerator] Start packaging YourFileName.apk
[BarGenerator] YourFileName.apk ........................................ succeeded
[BarGenerator] Summary: Total Apk files # 1; succeeded: 1; skipped: 0; failed: 0