Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, OS 2.0.0.6149
My Carrier: Plus (PL)

blackberry-deploy tool returns result::failure -110 code

I'm trying to deploy a bar file that was converted from an android apk, using blackberry-deploy tool. It worked for me very well, but at some point it stopped and fails. The conversion from apk to bar does not show any errors. Also I've checked the apk using apk2barVerifier and it shows no warnings.

The problem persists even with the simplest HelloWorld app. The output from command:

blackberry-deploy -installApp -launchApp -device 169.254.0.1 -password my_passwd -package bbtest.bar

Info: Sending request: Install and Launch

Info: Action: Install and Launch

Info: File size: 19092

Info: Installing pl.makenika.bbtest.testEJH0qDyMgPY1JkHzOOGjIqQ...

Info: Processing 19092 bytes

Info: Progress 50%...

actual_dname:Smiley Tonguel.makenika.bbtest.testEJH0qDyMgPY1JkHzOOGjIqQ actual_id::testEJH0qDyMgPY1JkHzOOGjIqQ

actual_version::1.0.2.0 result::failure -110 

After that I can see the icon of the app in the Launcher. After I click it, the android runtime seems to be launching - I can see the bottom navigation bar, but apart from that only black screen. 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: blackberry-deploy tool returns result::failure -110 code

Hello makeusz,

Could you please confirm which build of the OS you are running? As well, please be sure that the device is in Development Mode.

I would suggest trying the following order of commands:

>bin\blackberry-deploy -installApp -device 169.254.0.1 -package bbtest.bar -password <pb_password>

James Dreher
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, OS 2.0.0.6149
My Carrier: Plus (PL)

Re: blackberry-deploy tool returns result::failure -110 code

The problem disappeared, after restarting playbook a few times. It seemed I had to unplug playbook from usb, restart the tablet, turn on development mode, and plug it in again. Though it's not a real solution for the error I got.