Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA
Accepted Solution

"Action not supported" message in Webview

Hi, I'm using a webview to present the helpfile of my App. This works prefectly with Android, but on the Playbook I get an error when tryiing to follow a link to another local page:

Action not supported

Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW cat=[android.intent.category.BROWSABLE] dat=file:///android_aset/droidhelp/FAQ.html (has extras)

Is there anything I can do to overcome this problem easily (besides putting all help content on one page) ?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefonica Germany

Re: "Action not supported" message in Webview

You are linking to the wrong path:

You link to "file:///android_aset/droidhelp/FAQ.html"

But it has to be: "file:///android_assets/droidhelp/FAQ.html"

Regards

TheVaan

[ Edited ]

I do not think so. I'm linking to a relative path. So the main html loads just fine but the relatively linked FAQ page doesn't (but you are right; I had a typo in the error message: asset instead of aset ). 

I'm loading index.html just fine using:

wb.loadUrl("file:///android_asset/droidhelp/index.html");

Index.html has a relative link to FAQ.html and when I click that I get the error mentioned above. The exact same code and exaxt same helpfile load just fine on all android versions and devices (I did not change a single letter of code).

Highlighted
Developer

Hmm... If this is working under Android there could only be a problem with the intent which is called on link clicking...

I do not understand why an intent is called. The page is allready open in a webview and there is no need to start another intent (the webview should just open that link as it did with the main page).  I replaced the links (iWeb navbar) with regular links (see below) and clicking that link also gives me that Action Not supported error.

<a title="FAQ.html" href="FAQ.html">FAQ</a>

New Contributor

Your remark helped me find the problem. I had to add webviewclient to the webview:

wb.setWebViewClient(new WebViewClient() {
                    @Override
                    public boolean shouldOverrideUrlLoading(WebView view, String url) {
                        view.loadUrl(url);
                        return true;
                    }
                });

Thanks.

Developer

That's the problem if you post no source code... thought you had a webviewclient in your webview... 

Good that it's working now!