Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

A Blackberry ID with my username is already exists

Hi,

I'm using my email address as my username but it tells me that the ID already exists. I tried to retreive password assuming I'd already made an account but the Password Reset question is written in Afrikaans.  

Not sure what to do here. Someone has used my email as their BlackBerry ID.  Its my email address so I don't know how they were allowed to do this.  Perhaps they haven't verified their account information and there's something you can do.

Trying to get this BBM app up and running on my android and I'm stuck at creating the BB ID

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: A Blackberry ID with my username is already exists

Odd situation here, try searching your email to see if you received an email from Blackberry to confirm the account. You may have received it a long time ago and don't remember.

You might be stuck with using a new email address for the account.
New Contributor

Seems wrong that I should have to use a different email than everything else I use simply because someone used my email as their username and BlackBerry didn't validate it.

This needs to be fixed.

Highlighted
New Contributor

So I figured it out.  In the mobile app when retreiving the password there was a "Reset" option.  When using this option they send a link to the email address you're trying to access.  I used it to delete the account entirely and start over.

This freed up the account for me to use.  I'm now up and running.

New Contributor
My Device: iphone
My Carrier: GG

[ Edited ]

That's exactly the same problem I'm having.

Tarandon, how did you manage to fix this? When I come to the forgot password/reset password bit in the app or online it asks for my email, provides a captcha and asks the answer to the secret question (which the person who used my email id put as 'my wife name').

This is so frustrating. How can BB allow someone to use my email id without ever verifying it? And now not give me the option to send a reset email to that email id?!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bolt
My Carrier: claro

Anda a la parte de recordar contraseña y te mandan un link a tu correo.

New Contributor

Sban

Choose forgot password in the app.
Enter the email and the captcha

On the next screen where you need to answer the question I entered a few wrong answers before I noticed a reset this account option. Choosing reset account sent me an email with a link to delete the account attached to my email.

Once I reset the account I could then recreate using my own information
New Contributor

Ok, tried again and now can't get past 'I got the email' screen! Too many attempts maybe. This really sucks

New Contributor
My Device: Apple iPhone 4S
My Carrier: Vodacom

Same is happening to my girlfriend.

How the hell does this company let someone use another person's email address????????? 

Havent't found a solution yet

New Contributor

Tarandon, I see you're on Android so maybe it's a bit different and there's a reset option displaying but it's definitely not on iOS. I tweeted Blackberry Help but of course no one replied. And then they wonder why they're in this mess.