Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Contributor
My Device: Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II
My Carrier: Etisalat
Accepted Solution

Add Category not working on BBM (new update version 1.0.2.83)

Hello, Am glad they have added this feature to BBM on Android, but the issue is that I can't click on it on BBM, it seems like the whole (button) is not operational, all other buttons are clickable and working perfectly, but not the '+ Add Catergory', I hope someone has a fix that can post here, or we recieve a new update fixing it for devices that are facing this issue. I have a galaxy S2 i9100, I know few people facing the same problem, others do not though, I hope they notice this bug and fix it asap.

My Device: Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Add Category not working on BBM (new update version 1.0.2.83)

I just found a solution for this issue , I found a backdoor on how to add a category instead of that button in the menu, go to your contacts > hold on a contact you want to put into a category > select move contact > buttom of the page you will find a button that says '+ Add Category, that one is clickable, you can add categories from here Smiley Happy I hope this helps people that have the same issue! 

My Device: Android 4.0.4
My Carrier: sf

Re: Add Category not working on BBM (new update version 1.0.2.83)

Thanks for the workaround.

After fiddling more, apparently forcing landscape layout (using Rotation Locker app) can make this button clickable.