Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500
Accepted Solution

All BBM contacts dissapeared after "Clear data" on Android

Hello,

I want to move all my contats from Xperia Z1 to Experia Z2. I re-install BBM on Z2 and login I just follow advise that to logout just clear data. So I  "clear Data om My Sony Xperia Z1 )Setting>apps>BBM). After that i login to Xperia Z2 , but only 6 contafts available. On my Xperia Z1 there are 106 contacts. I deleted the BBM on Z2 and login on Xperia Z1 but the contact only 6.

How to recover all my contats that already dissapeared?

Thanks.

Sinjo

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: All BBM contacts dissapeared after "Clear data" on Android

Clearing data from the method you described does not affect your BBM contacts, BBM contacts are stored in your BBID, which cannot be deleted by clearing BBM data on an Android device.

Can you please confirm that you are using the same BBID on the Xperia Z2 that you used on the Xperia Z1? When you open BBM for the first time on the Xperia Z2, choose "Sign in" and enter the email address and password for the BBID you used on your old device.

Let me know how it goes!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!
New Contributor

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, i used the same BBID on Xperia Z1 and Z2.

New Contributor

Hello Brian,

I just solved the problem. My old BBMID was used on my Torch9800. So when i moved last year to Android, i used this BBMID. But i have also another BBMID. So i mistaken used them.

Thanks.

Sinjo

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Happy to hear you are back up and running.

Thanks for letting me know!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!