Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BBM Stopped working - Temporary Server Error

Still no luck for me... looks like it's back to Rogers
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Sure wish I had checked this forum earlier today - just got my Z10 this afternoon... so frustrated!!! BBM is the only reason I stuck with BB....

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: bell mobility

I am still experiencing same problem.  Did not recept my z10 (advised from many not to).  Blackberry Rep just called me to see if my issue was resolved.  Was told that there are so many backlogs that it could be until tonight to get up and running on BBM again, but that lots have been restored.  Some people losign their contact lists though.  I will be patient, but if not up and running by tomorrow morning, will do a security reset.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Honestly, there is no reason to do a security wipe when it's an issue with the server. It will get resolved, it's just taking longer than any of us would like.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

I just got my BBM back but all contacts are lost... oh well - just glad to have it back!!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

@amd13, I sent you a PM. If you're unfamiliar with private messages (PM) you will see a message indicator at the very top of this page in the main banner. It's right in the middle.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: dakota 9900, z10
My Carrier: telkomsel & hutchinson

Hi there, I'm a newbie here. I've just got a z10 last night, but the bbm server error kept on popping out and when I decided to wipe everything, something wrong happened, my new bb just frozed.

I has a screen picture to connect the bb to the pc I think, and whenever I want to restart, eventhough there was a bb mark at first, then it shows the error again and couldnt start up.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

For dju1 above. if you interupted your security wipe... Sounds like you may have

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=37173120FC53D3B7D8CD6E78CDE8D13D?...

For those who aren't able to get into BBM just yet DON NOT imidiately go to a security wipe. You can simply restart the phone (NO BATTERY PULL). hold the lock key and when the shutdown count comes up hit the 'restart' button at the bottom right I believe. I'm not expert but that is all that I needed to wake up my BBM once there was word of it being fixed.

Guru II

Precisely. Please don't wipe your device just for this BBM issue. It won't help and can cause more problems.

dju1, follow the instructions in the KB linked above. You can try the Link software but the OS reload feature is not working properly so you may need to use the second method using blackberry.com/update

You should be able to reload the OS to your device, though.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

So I managed to get to the sign in screen of the BB ID and earlier I was just doing Restore using device switch which kept giving the error which everyone here is aware of.

I was so fed up that I just clicked on continue and thought let me try that. It worked! I am back on Blackberry but with no contacts. How do I restore these?? Please tell me!!