Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Contributor
My Device: Android
My Carrier: *

BBM Voice sound very low

I experienced BBM voice sound very low. 

Volume is already maximum.

What's wrong with it. 

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BBM Voice sound very low

Was it always like this or has it just started?

Is this just with one contact or all contacts?

There are a lot of factors that could be causing this, take a look at this post, it provides insight into the type of info we need to help you out: Help Us Help You

Let me know!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!
Contributor

It's from day one, bbm on Android launched. And all contacts. Currently I'm in Singapore and make contact to indonesia.
Retired

Can you double check that you have updated to the latest version of BBM available for your Android device?

I'd also suggest that you ensure you have updated to the very latest version of Andorid software for you device.

If you have already done that:

What Android device and version of the software are you using?

What version of BBM is currently installed on your device?

I know the volume is low, but are you able to hear anything? Is the other person able to hear you ok? Is the little sound that you can hear clear or distorted?

Let me know and I'll see what I can find out for you.

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!
Contributor

I use the latest version always. And my phone is Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005. 

Other applications such Hangout giving perfect volume gain compare to BBM voice.

I believe this on your server side need to check not on the hardware or connection. 

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rim

Its working fine with me. Whats problem at your side ?

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Windermere
My Carrier: Docomo

The update for android users on since May 30, 2014 in play store has completely undone the BBM voice call quality.

It feels as if the BBM servers have been tweaked now to reduce the voice call quality specifically in India as this is the second time the problem is happening, the first time being total outage for few BBM users throughout March 2014 (ask tyw & Sanders)

Symptoms are:

1) Fluctuation of voice to and fro: Volume of speech/words spoken automatically reduces and increases by itself rendering the app almost unusable for BBM voice.

2)Quality of voice gone from HD stereo to bare bones mono: I suppose bit rates have been tweaked hence the voice sound pathetic.

No more does BBM voice sound remain amazing.... Now I am forced to use Skype which is making for up the loss of quality only upto 90%...

The voice call quality is no more good now. The above changes happened immediately after the update to BBM.

Note: 1) Does not matter if receiver has older BBM version or caller has older BBM version and calls a user who has updated after May 30th.

2)The voice call connects after a pause of about 10 seconds. Earlier as soon as the call button was pressed the mobile on the other side would ring.

3) I have the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and the latest August 2 released BBM android app update. (doesnt matter as may 30 onwards every patch released has not improves voice call quality)

I am sure this is not related to my internet being bad. I always use Wifi and have always used Wifi over past 8 months and this has happened only after the update on May 30. Besides I use a 50 Mbps DSL line.

I would be grateful if the BBM android tech team takes note of this.

Please help me.!

Retired

Hi Guys,

If possible do you mind completing the following steps so our support team can investigate?

Go to http://www.bbm.com/bbm/en/support/android.html

1. Click Contact us for additional assistance
  2. Complete the form including a summary of the issue and mention this thread in the Issue Description field
  3. Click Submit

After receiving a case number, e.g. INC000123456, the next time you encounter poor BBM call quality capture logs using the steps below.

1. Open BBM.
  2. Tap the More button (3 vertical dots).
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Scroll down and tap the Report a Problem button.
  5. In the Incident ID field, type the Incident ID number provided by BlackBerry Technical Support Services.
  6. Tap the Upload to BlackBerry Support button.

Completing these steps will give our support team logs so we can try to identify what may be occurring. If you don't mind as well please send me a private message with your INC number so I can help review and ensure your case gets routed to the right parties. 

Thanks!

Contributor

When we reported something that is unstable you guys give us procedure to complete it the complaint. Is it really necessary? Seriously this is waste of time.
Highlighted
Retired

[ Edited ]

@cronosmachine 

I"m sorry you feel its a waste of time, but we are not able to resolve your issue without an investigation which requires participation from you. Reporting that you have poor voice quality does not give us sufficient information to resolve your problem. There are many diffrent factors that could be the root cause.

As I previously stated, if you would like to follow the steps I provided we will attempt to identify the problem you are experiencing once an investigation has been conducted.

Brian