Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: hollandsnieuwe
Accepted Solution

BBM claims I already have an account yet I cannot remember ever setting one up

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've just installed BBM for Windows Phone, so I can chat with some of my friends who are on Blackberry. Though I have never owned a Blackberry, the program claims an account was already setup using my e-mail address ********@********.com. Resetting my password is not possible, because I do not recognize the secret question (just the word 'love')

Did some imposter manage to setup an account or is something else wrong?

New Contributor

Re: BBM claims I already have an account yet I cannot remember ever setting one up

[ Edited ]

By the way " Posted from Microsoft Windows RT Tablet" is in incorrect. I sent it from my phone.

My actual questions are:

• Is there a way to find out when this account was created and by whom? And when it was last used?
  • What steps do I take to reclaim my e-mailaddress?

Thanks!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EMT

Re: BBM claims I already have an account yet I cannot remember ever setting one up

please use your PC and go to https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/ and click on "Forgot password?" All you need is your e-mail address and resolve simple CAPTCHA
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You will need to have a verified account in order to not need the secret question information. Verifying means clicking the verifying link in the email received during initial account creation setup.

If someone did use your email, either by mistake or on purpose, you would have received an email stating such and it would have included the link to either verify it or delete it.

Search your web mailbox for an email from bbidpw-donotreply@blackberry.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi,

I checked my mail including my spam box (where all unapproved mail ends up) before sending my initial mail. I never recieved any mail from any blackberry.com-account except for the ones setting up this forum account.

There's got to be a procedure for cases like these?

New Contributor

... and of course the answer to the secret question "love?"

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I don't think there's anything that can be done. Nobody here can do anything with your account. We don't work for BlackBerry.

Also, and I should have mentioned this initially, you need to remove your email address from your first post since posting personal information is against the TOS of this forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EMT

[ Edited ]
realbart, did you go to that login page?
Guru II

Completing wrote:
realbart, go and check your e-mail. You probably have multiple e-mails with password reset link. Also check your spam folder.

Completing...once again....the problem is you cannot even get the password reset email without the answer to the secret question without having first verified the account when the account was set up.  On a "verified" account you can reset without the secret question being asked. 

Guru II

That said, make sure you have tried the password reset at www.bbid.com on a web browser just to make sure. If it still asks your secret question then your best bet is to set up another email account and use it for your BBID.