Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: hollandsnieuwe

Re: BBM claims I already have an account yet I cannot remember ever setting one up

Apperently, the answer is that BB doesn't have a procedure or timeout to reclaim lost account.

I just hope this is just a Blackberry screw things up, instead of the more likely case that somebody got their hands on a confirmation mail in order to be able to pretend to be me.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BBM claims I already have an account yet I cannot remember ever setting one up

You don't need the confirmation email to create the BBID. You only need it to verify or delete it. You won't see the confirmation email on a mobile device. You have to look in your mailbox on the Web.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: DTEK60
My Carrier: Koodo

[ Edited ]

Hi @realbart

Since it sounds like you are trying to setup a BlackBerry ID for the first time, and you do not know the password recovery answer, the only option is resetting the BlackBerry ID. Doing so will allow you to create a new BlackBerry ID using your email address.

As per how this happened - someone most likely created a BlackBerry ID and used your address by mistake. You would have received a email about this like @John_Clark  said so the only hypothesis I have is you may have deleted this email by mistake while going through your inbox. Thanks!

Got a question about a BlackBerry Product or Service?

If so use the BlackBerry Contact Catalog so we can better assist > http://blck.by/2huFaGF