Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: Android Device
My Carrier: Digicel

BBM for Gingerbread? (This is more like a petition)

Hi there guys.

I don't even know if the support people are seeing this, as in the people who actually are developers or whatever, but I just wanted to throw this out there.

You know how much your user database would increase if you made this available for Android 2.3.x? I'm no expert by any means or anything, but I can guarantee that the amount of users would increase DRAMATICALLY.

This is a comment/petition/whatever you wanna make of this. But please, do this as soon as possible!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold2 9700
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Re: BBM for Gingerbread? (This is more like a petition)

Yes please do that. Thanks

My Device: non-BlackBerry user
My Carrier: Airtel India

I second that and why Gingerbread users should lose out on getting the benefit of being BBM. I don't agree to pay to upgrade to Jelly Bean to be a part of BBM fever. What is the use of making BBM available for only select Android version.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I'll add my voice -- still have some older phones in the family.

Please note, it has already been ported by third party to Gingerbread (for some ARM7-based phones.  Check CrackBerry threads, here for instance http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-android-f406/bbm-compatible-android-devices-865233/ )

Not working for everyone, a number getting 'forced close' errors (possibly due to screen size/density in androidmanifest.xml)  Those who can root their phones and edit or move things around might have some success.

My Device: android
My Carrier: 3475847357

greatttt