Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
My Device: Samsung
My Carrier: Cell C

BBM for Gingerbread

Would there ever be a BBM for Gingerbread? If yes, where could I download it???

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: BBM for Gingerbread

Here some info to see you should read, Click on the link below!

Supported platforms and devices for BBM for Android and BBM for iPhone

VIA |  Forums Advisor III

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BBM-for-Android/HELP/m-p/2636899

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
My Device: samsung x-cover
My Carrier: vodacom

its sad to see such a successful company like blackberry not being able to cater for all types of android software!!, the mere fact that not everyone has android phones with software 4.0 and up should have been considered when blackberry decided to make bbm for android, once again this shows the poor research done by blackberry!.i doubt they are doing anything to even try develop bbm for gingerbread, all they worry about is the mass that do have 4.0 and up. im unhapppy with the way blackberry has just left us in the dark!!, where is the customer satisfaction??? are they losing the plot?? when will we to enjoy this app...maybe a year..two or NEVER??? blackberry needs to act fast if they want to maintain a good customer base!!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello monicavee,

I can feel your frustration, and I understand. I would equally be frustrated if I had the same device as you do.

But if I look from a BlackBerry perspective, they already were extremely late with the release of BBM on Android. It was planned for the summer, then delayed to september, then there was the error just on the day of the release, and finally it is now available, but :
- only for recent Android phones
- without all the features (no BBM Voice, no BBM Video, no BBM Channels).

So I think it was the right move for BlackBerry to release BBM as fast as possible.
I find it extremely positive that the app works on all Android phones 4.0, with all the different hardware and different screen definition too.

Let's hope that Samsung will provide Android 4.0 for your phone soon (like Apple does for old iPhone devices).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: