Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodacom

BBM not working - Can't connect to server

Good day,

Please advise how i can resolve this problem as it has been persisting since last thursday.

I have phoned my service provider (Vodacom), multiple times, but still no sucsess, i have upgraded my

device and the BBM service, still no luck, i have reset my device, still nothing.

I have also deleted and reinstalled the app, but still it does not want to work on my Blackberry Curve 9320.

My facebook, Whatsapp and Browser function are all 100% operational, just BBM not working.

This is frustrating as "BBM" is working perfectly on my husbands SONY XPERIA Z, but me a Blackberry user

can't even acces BBM, which was designed originally for BLACKBERRY!!!!!!!

HELP, HELP, HELP... Please.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: BBM not working - Can't connect to server

[ Edited ]

You can reset your phone to factory settings if you wish to see if it corrects your issue. Resetting to factory settings will wipe out all your data so you should save it first. To save all your stuff download and install BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer from the link below. Resetting will not back-up the OS on your phone. Once you have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link connect your phone to your computer and save your stuff. Once saved disconnect your phone from the computer.

Once your phone is Wiped reconnect your phone to your computer and install your stuff.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

How to Restore a Blackberry to Factory Settings

1) Download and install a copy of Blackberry Desktop Manager.

2) Once the Desktop Manager has been installed, open it, connect the Blackberry to the computer, and select the Backup and Restore tab.

3) Select the Backup button beneath the Options button on the Backup tab. This will backup the settings, applications, contacts, and all other data to the computer.

4) Disconnect the Blackberry from the computer and select the Settings icon on the phone.

5) Select Security and Privacy, select Security Wipe, and type in “blackberry.” This will erase all data on the Blackberry.

6) To restore data after it has been cleared, reconnect the Blackberry to the computer, select Backup and Restore, click on the Restore button, and then select the appropriate backup file from the list.

My Device: Iphone 6
My Carrier: XL

Re: BBM not working - Can't connect to server

Everyone i need some help..

from yesterday i have the same problem, bbm stuck and always appears bbm error and cant connect to server.

I am user of BBM Application on my iphone 6. Other chat apps like whatsapp perfectly working. i used bbm for my job, please give the solution as soon as possible.

Many ways i have to try, deleting apps, reinstall, but still stuck. my friend use bbm on android and ios ( also iphone 6 ), they dont have problem like me, why it can happen only to my phone?

Hope you have a solution.

Many Thanks..

Donni Theo