Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM on Z10

I have a feeling it is the SIM card.

If you can, buy a low cost SIM with data from another local provieder, Vodafone or such and see if you connect over mobile network only.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Yeah, it's looking that way.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Go Conquer

Hi JSanders,

Picked one up recently to update my OS to the latest from E - Mobile and BBM did work on SIM only.

Paul.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dpaulod wrote:

Hi JSanders,

Picked one up recently to update my OS to the latest from E - Mobile and BBM did work on SIM only.

Paul.

I think you're answering the question then... you either have a problem with these SIMs or your Go Conquer company has some block on it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Does this mean I will have to leave Go Conquer my current provider and switch to another

to have BBM on my Z10. Can anyone explain wthy its not working with current sim card.

Thanks again for all the help.

Paul.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

I'd first of all contact them give them all the information and steps you have tried in this thread and see if they can do anything their end.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Elite II

It's worth noting that many carriers consider BBM an add-on and will charge more for it each month, even if you have a data allowance for other data. I didn't know you were on a PAYG plan and that's probably the issue here; you'll probably need to add BBM to your plan.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite II

I checked your carrier's website but I don't see anything saying BBM is not included.

You'd be best to give them a ring. I'm still guessing it has something to do with BBM not being part of your monthly PAYG plan but they can tell you for sure.

Please check with them and post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Will do and again thank you.

Paul.

Elite II

It's been our pleasure. Keeping us up to date will assist us in helping others with similar issues so please update this thread with your results.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy