Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: iphone 4

BBM on iPhone 4 won't deliver messages

Hey all!

So months ago I used BBM without any problem.  I ended up deleting it for awhile but just recently redownloaded and tried to contact one of my contacts.  They are still on my contact list and I can see their updates, but everything I try to send just gets the grey tick, never a D or R.  I have upgraded my ios software, restarted, deleted and redownloaded BBM but nothing.  Please help!

Thank you

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BBM on iPhone 4 won't deliver messages

The grey tick is a confirmation from the wireless network that your message has been sent, if you aren't seeing a D or an R then the recipients device likely has not received it yet. It could be turned off, not connected to a wireless network or something else.

Do you have any way of contacting this person besides using BBM? Ask them to open BBM on their device and see if the message has been received.

It sounds like this problem is just for one contact, can you confirm that you don't have any send and receive issues with others?

Let me know!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

Well I know they are on BBM routinely because I can still see their updates and profile picture changes.  Unfortunately, they are my only contact and BBM is the only way I have to communicate with them.

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: DTEK60
My Carrier: Koodo

Do you know what type of device your friend is using? Are they able to message you successfully? 

Got a question about a BlackBerry Product or Service?

If so use the BlackBerry Contact Catalog so we can better assist > http://blck.by/2huFaGF

New Contributor

They have an iPhone (I believe a 5) and I am not sure if they can message me because I can't tell if they have even tried to
New Contributor

I am updated to the newest iOS also
Regular Contributor
My Device: iPhone 4s
My Carrier: Warid Tel

Have u tried to reinstall ur app