Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Contributor
My Device: Xperia Z LTE
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: BBM only works on wifi, what phones are you using?

No luck yet. There was an update last week, some people claimed the update fixed the problem for them. But my BBM still doesn't work even after the update. Have you updated? Try it, maybe it'll work for you.

My Device: Samsung
My Carrier: s3 mini

Yess got the latest version. . But still nothing .. now I went to sleep and I wake up and bbm is not working
New Contributor
My Device: samsung galaxy s7562l
My Carrier: mtn

I'm experiencing the same problem too. I have a samsung s7562l, initially i thought d problem was peculiar to my phone but no. I dowloaded d bbm for a friend without wifi and it works perfectly. But from my setup stage i wasnt able to complete it until i connected to wifi. Same with my messages once i switch off my fone and switch on in d morning. Could it be cos my device memory is low?? Any solns pls?? My bbm connected icon is always on by the way
Same story, no difference
My Device: samsung galexy s3 mini
My Carrier: 3G

i have s3 mini. bbm works for the first few hours on 3G then stops working if I send messages I just see round clocks I dont have wifi. is there a way I can fix this please
New Contributor
My Device: torch 1, android galaxy note2
My Carrier: indosat and telkomsel

My samsung note 2 got that error too, and you guys please check, once it error, you go to setting, you may see that your blackberry id is dissappear, it will re-appear once you connect to wifi
My Device: Samsung S3 mini
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

[ Edited ]

Hi, same issue her in SA. I got the s3 mini on Telkom Mobile and experience this annoying problem. I even tried the Vodacom network without success. Isnt it weird that despite this thread being on for a few months the people/developer from BB/RIM have not bothered to give a reply...come on BB give us better customer service and let us know whats happening or fix it

New Contributor
My Device: torch 1, android galaxy note2
My Carrier: indosat and telkomsel

Yes, no response at all

Anyway From this thread and other, although using the same O.S but why most error happen to samsung? Does bbm not compatible to samsung or android?

Please..please give us solution
Contributor
My Device: Xperia Z LTE
My Carrier: Telkomsel

There's a new BBM update yesterday, still doesn't fix the problem though.

The problem is not restricted to Samsung phones, in fact it's pretty random. I use a Sony Xperia Z and I know two people with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phones, both with Android 4.1.2, and only one of them suffers from this problem.

New Contributor
My Device: samsung galaxy s7562l
My Carrier: mtn

I'm using samsung grand mini s7562. I really dnt think its d device or d service provider. The problem is from RIM cos i hv 2 friends dat use dis same fone and dey dnt experience dese problems at alll. This exact same fone. Ive also been to d service provider's office at least 3 times in d last 2wks and confirmed the problem isn't from deir end.
New Contributor
My Device: Note 2
My Carrier: koodo

I may have the solution here. Note 2 4.3. When your bbm starts to red clock bring down your options menu and click on your BBM connected icon and it should re connect OR turn off your WIFI and then try pressing the connect button again. Please let me know if it helps. Good luck