12-08-2013 01:34 PM - edited 12-08-2013 01:39 PM
I've always experienced this problem and I've searched countless forums and I seem to be the only one with this problem. BBM does not update statuses or display pictures of my contacts UNTIL I open the app. For example, if a contact updated their status at 9:25am and I opened the BBM app at 11:15am, the new status will indicate that it was updated "Just Now" and have a time stamp of 11:15am instead of 9:25am. In short, background app refresh for bbm doesnt' seem to work.
Here are the following troubleshooting steps I have taken with no luck:
1. Closed the app (even closed it in the background
2. Checked and confirmed that Background App Refresh is set "On"
3. Checked and confirmed that BBM Background App Refresh is set "On"
4. Rebooted my phone
5. Updated my iOS version to the latest version 7.0.4
6. Updated my BBM app to the latest version 188.8.131.52
Note the following:
My phone make and model is iPhone 4S.
I have not used my Blackberry ID on any other device.
I have not signed/logged out since installing the app.
Everything else works fine. i.e. I can send and receive messages with no problem.
Push notifications such as new messages are delivered instatly even when the app is running in the background.
If anyone has a solution to this, your help will be much appreciated.
01-06-2014 01:41 PM
01-07-2014 03:57 PM