Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: Samsung galaxy note
My Carrier: Vodafone

Bb pin

[ Edited ]

Hi. I installed blackberry on android 4.1.2 . few days ago i did a factory reset and reinstalled it but when i put my username/email it says no valid blackberry account associated to this email, so i thout i forgot my data and tried to reset password but comes the same msg when i try, i got confused and i tried all my emails i get nothing, the more strange no email was sent to activate it, i did setup and when the service was activated officially i made the account without email just through the app, my pin was {REMOVED}, i want this pin, what can i do?

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Bb pin

Pin's are assigned dynamically for iOS and Android devices.  Your PIN has nothing to do with your contact list - so why would you want it back?

If you want to create a new BBID to use with BBM, you can create one here:  http://www.blackberry.com/bbid

Your BBID is tied to your contacts list, so if you reinstall your existing contacts should be restored.

New Contributor

That was a nice pin thats all , i reinstalled contacts , the problem was in login email, any solutions rather than a new bbid?
Super Contributor

Go to the BBID page that I posted - you should be able to confirm if your BBID is valid there or not - or send yourself a link if you've forgotten your BBID password.

No reason why you shouldn't be able to use your original BBID - you just need to ensure you're entering everything correctly.

New Contributor

I did million times, everytime i put the email it says no valid blackberry account associated to this email, so i cant do anything, and the email i put im sure its correct, thats the confusing part
New Contributor

Any option there to put my pin and it tells me the email registered to it? Maybe i forgot a thing
Super Contributor

BBID is normally the e-mail address you use to register it.   What if you try to create a new one with that e-mail?

New Contributor

I didnt register on the site, i was only subscribed by email on the bbm site in order to be notified when its officially launched for android, when its released i used the app to register and everytging was done without recieving a confirmation email, however the most shocking thing, i made a new bbid with the email which wasnt accepted for login in order to get a message saying that this email is registered already, but guess what? A new account was created with a new pin as if the pin i mentioned before didnt exist! That is weired , its complicated Smiley Very Happy
Super Contributor

Ok, you're not being really clear about what your current state is.  If the BBID has been created, you should be able to use it for BBM.  If you've forgotten your password, you can use the reset link on that page to get it back.

New Contributor

Im clear but u dont understand what i said, anyway i dun wanna bother anymore with this , ur help is much appriciated and thank u