Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry Messenger

I had a few probs setting this up what can be causing this thanks and what is purpose of PIN number on Blackberrys? 

Thanks for replies I will get back to you asap.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Blackberry Messenger

Hello Rodney2013

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com

PIN number is unique in the BBM
This allows you to communicate with your friends adding it to the BBM contact list
With the fun and share information such as files, music, pictures, videos and voice memo.
Also you can make voice and call via wi-fi.
If you have a BB10 you can make video calls.

Regards.

• Response you like me? Want THANK? Click like.jpg
  • If it was the SOLUTION click "Accept as Solution"!

#bbm.original.png4LL original.png  #ichooseBlackBerry10 @Gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Blackberry Messenger

[ Edited ]

Rodney, you refer to problems and ask what can be the cause, but you don't describe the problem.   No one can help if you don't state the problem.

As far as the PIN, all BlackBerry devices have had a unique PIN hard coded on the device.   This identifies the device.   PIN messaging is peer to peer, BlackBerry handset to BlackBerry handset, and functions as an alternative/backup to email.   BBM was introduced later, providing a chat feature, but uses the handset PIN as well.

A beneficial  feature of the PIN nowadays is that you are not sharing a mobile number or email address with a new contact unless you want to give it.  When you get a new device the system updates your contacts automatically with your new PIN.

- Ira