Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9220
My Carrier: Globe telecom

Blue screen after hard rest

Pls help, my bbm wont start after i hard reset my bb curve 9220 phone, it only gives me a blue blank screen.
Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blue screen after hard rest

Kinda sounds like some of its program files have been corrupted.  I would do another reset of the device.  If BBM still starts up the same way then delete it and reinstall from the app store.  Your contacts are stored in the blackberry infrastructure, however you'll likely lose any current chats.

New Contributor

I did uninstall and reinstall bbm, still getting the blue screen saying setting up bbm, do i need to activate BIS first? I didnt think i had to activate it because bbm would set up before and i can open it even without data.hmm i dont wanna pay for the data unless im sure my bbm was okay,
Super Contributor

A screen saying "setting up BBM" is not a blank screen.  There's a bunch of links that JSanders posted here (including one that helps when you're stuck on the setting up BBM screen):  

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BBM-for-iPhone/Useful-help-links-for-BBM-for-iPhone/td-p/2598...

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: i don't know

You can fix it by formatting the phone, but make sure you backup your files before you apply the format... 

also you check for new software updates.

Super Contributor

Formatting the phone??  You can't format a BlackBerry.  You could erase the memory with CFP - that's the closest that you can get to formatting, but that's more severe than doing a wipe.

Johnsrache, if you don't have a data plan and, more specifically, a BlackBerry data plan with the BBM service provisioned for it, BBM will NOT work.  Most functionality on a BlackBerry (v7 and earlier, not BB10) device is disabled unless it is provisioned by the carrier.

You need a BlackBerry plan for that device if you want BBM.  Call your carrier.

New Contributor

Yeah,as ive said i didnt think i needed to get a data plan, because when i first got this phone, i didnt have a data plan but i was able to st up my bbm, ofcourse i havent started to actually send and rcv messges until i set up a plan at the time,but thanks guys,and oh, sorry for saying blank screen,