Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

My Device: Blackberry for IPhone
My Carrier: Giffgaff

Chat History on BBM for Iphone

Hi,

When I had my old Blackberry I saved the chats and could access an excel file with the chat saved on the microsd card even after I deleted the contact.

I am trying to find the same file with on my iphone, i want to read a chat with a contact who i now longer have... Is this possible?

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: iPhone 4
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Chat History on BBM for Iphone

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. I have a program on my computer called iExplorer. With that program you can export all the files from your bbm app to the computer. I've done that already, so I have all the chathistory on my computer. The only problem is that I don't know which file contains the chat history and how to open it. I did open some 'logs' files, but that didn't view the messages itself, only the information about the messages ( when it was sent ). I don't know if any of this helps, but maybe we can find a solution together!
New Contributor
My Device: iPhone
My Carrier: Private

Hopefully the chat history is encrypted and thats why you can't find it. But im also curious to know if it is available.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I've sent BlackBerryHelp a dm on twitter, hopefully they will answer me soon!
My Device: Iphone 5s
My Carrier: dlink

Hi

Has there been a solution found for this?

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi,

They answered me but unfortunately they didn't tell me a solution. I asked them multiple times but it looked like they didn't understand the question or they just couldn't tell me the answer.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Windermere
My Carrier: Docomo

Chat history has never been looked into by BBM despite hundreds of cross platform and native BBM app users complaining about missing chats and hisotry deletion due to app crashes.