Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

New Contributor
My Device: HTC 8X, Model C625A
My Carrier: Chess.no
Accepted Solution

Contacts and Conversations Periodically Disappear, Other issues

[ Edited ]

Phone: HTC 8X, Model C625A

Software: Windows Phone 8.0

OS Version: 8.0.10501.127

BBM Version 1.0.1.26

I just upgraded to the non-beta.

This issue has existed since I first downloaded BBM Beta a few days ago. Basically what happens is I start up BBM and there are no contacts and no conversations. There is a floating "start chat" symbol that is pointing towards the smaller symbol at the bottom of the screen.

After I do some playing around like going to settings-->about, or restarting my phone, eventually the conversations and contacts reappear. This sometimes takes a few minutes or it could take up to half an hour.

Other Issues:

For the past few days, including a few days before I upgraded to the non-beta version, The live tile doesn't indicate new messages. The live tile has permanently stopped working since the first time I had the disappearing convos issue.

I also sometimes don't receive messages until a few hours later (1-2 hours) with time stamps indicating that they were sent 1-2 hours ago. This usually happens arount 8-11pm CET (Central European time). This issue has existed since I first downloaded the app.

I will keep running some tests to see if I can continue to reproduce these issues, and will update the post if need be.

New Contributor
My Device: Nokia Lumia 820
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Contacts and Conversations Periodically Disappear, Other issues

Hello,

I have the kinda similar issue, but on my Lumia 820. When I put WiFi On and mobile internet off, conversations and groups disappear. However, my phone notifies me when a new message arrived, but I cannot see/read it or send any message.

I have checked a lot of scenarios and found that it looks like it has to do with my WiFi-Internet-Connection at home. When I just use the mobile internet everything works. I tried also other WiFi in some other places and it did work.

After recieving the newer BBM Version I can see the Contacts, but nothing else works propably like already mentioned.

Still, the problem have to be in the Windows Phone BBM app, because with the iPhone BBM app everything works fine with my home wifi.

Lumia 820

Software: Windows Phone 8.1

OS Version: 8.10.12393.890

BBM Version: 1.0.1.28

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I can now see my contacts even when my conversations disappear. I found that if I leave the 'chats' page open for a few minutes my conversations will eventually reappear. This phenomenon happens about once a day. I wouldn't be suprised if this issue is unique to windows phone, many apps don't work well on this OS.

EDIT:

I have also noticed that since the disappearing issue first began, I don't get any push notifications for new messages in addition to the live tile not working.

Highlighted
My Device: Nokia 521
My Carrier: Wind

I have the same issue exactly although notification in the Live tile do work for me.

BBM also frequently crashes. Almost always when I select a contact, either from a live tile or inside the app. The most annoying thing is the chat list taking a very long time to populate. It seems this is the only time that seleting a contact causes a crash.

I also notice that in this state, every contact has a red * on it until the chats load.

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: Koodo

@ymzkala, thanks for you detailed report! Are you still encountering performance issues using BBM for Windows Phone? In particular, the live tile no longer working? If so, do you find this issue occurs when using your mobile network connection only, your Wi-Fi connection only or does it occur regardless of your connection type?

Should these issues still be occurring do you mind capturing logs and submitting a case? To do this use the Contact us for additional assistance option found at http://bbm.com/support/windowsphone. After submitting a case let me know the case number you receive via private message.

How to submit logs from BBM for Windows Phone 

@emcasr, your results when using your home Wi-Fi connection are interesting. Do you mind reviewing the following KB and letting me know if the issue persists?

KB35545 - BBM for Windows Phone is unable to send or receive messages when connected to a particular... 

If it does, are you able to capture logs and submit a issue using the Contact us for additional assistance option found at http://bbm.com/support/windowsphone.

In the event you submit a request for assistance, can you send me a private message with your case #?

@rmatsu, if you are still encountering crashing do you mind capturing logs and submitting a case using the Contact us for additional assistance option found at http://bbm.com/support/windowsphone. 

When submitting a case please provide as much detail as possible and please reference this thread.If you can let me know the case number you receive via private message as well that would be great!

Did you know that PRIV & the DTEK50 come with 12 months of free, complimentary support?

PRIV: Call 1-866-533-8067 (Canada\USA), or 0800-141-3330 (UK)

DTEK50: Call 1-855-556-2522 (Canada\USA), or 0800-141-3330 (UK)

Follow me on Twitter and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

New Contributor

@TyW, the Contact Us form doesn't work. I always get the message I should try later.

I look at the network communication of BBM and for me It seems like BBM for Windows Phone doesn't fully support IPv6 and depends on IPv4 functionalities that my ISP doesn't support any more.

Community Manager
Community Manager

If i can ask, who is your ISP @emcasr

Thanks for notifying me about the web form as well - i'll report this issue to my colleagues for investigation. 

Did you know that PRIV & the DTEK50 come with 12 months of free, complimentary support?

New Contributor

@TyW, Unity Media, Germany.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks! If i can ask, are you able to capture logs using the KB provided and I'll send you a email address via PM that you can then attach and send the logs too? 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Contact Us form isn't working for me either. I am in Norway. I'll use the KB to capture logs. Can you PM me an email to send the logs to?