Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat
Accepted Solution

Contacts not restoring to my iPhone BBM

Hi, 

I am having my BBM installed in my 9780 and had now installed BBM on my iPhone too with same BBID. It got installed and everything works fine except that it did not restore my existing contacts. I read that if we are using the same BBID to sign in, it will restore the contacts which did not happen to me. Is there any way to backup and restore it? Can somebody please help?

Regards

VK

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Contacts not restoring to my iPhone BBM

Is the 9780 still a live device?   You can't use the same BBID on two devices simultaneously.  You also want to make sure the 9780 is at the highest level of BB OS  and BBM that are available for it (the earlier versions of BBOS/BBM did not support the BBID feature of backing up the BBM contact list into the BBID database).

If you have no contacts on your iPhone BBM, then I'd uninstall/delete it (as you want to make sure you get that contact list backed up into the BlackBerry Infrastructure).

I'd do a backup of your BBM contacts on the 9780 onto your microSD card as well as doing a full backup of all of your data with desktop manager.   Maybe do a second full backup with DM, just to be extra safe. Smiley Happy

Then do a wipe of your BlackBerry, (do NOT wipe the memory card when you do the wipe) Smiley Happy,  with the sim still in it and when it reboots after the wipe it'll come up to a prompt asking for your BBID.

Once you've done all that, then I would reinstall the latest version of BBM (1.0.3 currently).

Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

9780 is still live and have read an article from Blackberry that you should be able to use the same BBID and get the contacts restored to the new device. I have an old BBM on the live devise and is now trying to upgrade it. Will keep you posted.

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Make sure you uninstall/delete BBM from the iPhone while you do all of this on the 9780 - don't want to run the risk of it sending BBID updates in that clobber your BBM contacts list in the BB Infrastructure.

Good luck!! Smiley Happy

Contributor

It worked after updating BBM to the latest version on 9780.

Thanks for your help and advise.