Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Android Galaxy S4
My Carrier: EE

Groups and Contacts disappear.....

I have been running 4 groups aver the past two weeks, and have got used to how bbm works. I understand the synch problems that can occur, but yesterday at about 520pm 2 groups and 45 contact just disappeared from my bbm that I run. The way it happened, I am almost 100% certain my password was hacked and that is how my groups disappeared. I have two phones, and galaxy s4 which is my main phone and the one I use to run the groups and a galaxy s3 mini which I use if the s4 is out of juice. I only had me as an admin on the s4. 

Over about a week, I had problems with admin privileges coming and going every day, but at last the groups didnt disappear. But the did yesterday.....and they still havent come back this morning at 904am. I reported the issue of disappearing admin privileges and was told it was a server overload.......

I really do think that it is a security issue. When you set up a password you dont know if that password has taken because you taken to the set up password page again. Which I think is a mistake, it should at least take you to a page that says password set. 

I really do think you need to do something about the security of the groups, its not very good at all. There is no other explanation as to how these groups, just disappeared the way they did. 

John

New Contributor

Re: Groups and Contacts disappear.....

[ Edited ]

Hi just to make this clear, thats 2 groups consisting of 45 contacts, 3 conversations per group and dozens of pictures went missing in seconds one minute they were there the next both were gone.

Please dont tell me its s synch problem, I know what synching is and I know that there is a synch problem especially with messages not arriving in the correct order and. 

New Contributor

Oh and this isnt my pin being hacked its the password set for each group
New Contributor

Ok, is there nobody who is prepared to answer this? I give up.....

New Contributor

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it......