Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: DTEK60
My Carrier: Koodo

Help Us Help You

[ Edited ]

In the event you are encountering an issue, here are a few things you can do to help find a solution!

Step 1 - Understand the issue and obtain your device information

To allow others to assist, provide as much detail as possible about the issue you are encountering. For example, saying "BBM doesn’t open" helps, but providing extra detail such as "BBM opens briefly and closes with the following error" really helps! 

To get you started, here a few questions you should consider:

• When was the last time this worked?
  • What did the issue first start occurring?
  • Do you recall making any changes before experiencing the problem?
  • Does an error appear? If so, what is the error message?
  • Is the issue reproducible or does it occur at random?

On top of asking yourself these questions, ensure you provide details on about your device and software versions.

To obtain this information, follow the steps below.

Device & Model: e.g. Nexus 5

Device OS Version: e.g. 4.4.2

BBM Version: e.g. 2.1.1.64

After obtaining an understanding of what’s occurring and capturing your device details, review the supporting content below.

If you are still unable to find a solution, post a new thread and provide as much detail as possible so the community can assist!

Step 2 - Check for updated software

The first troubleshooting step you should take is ensuring you are using the latest version of your device OS and BBM. To verify you are, complete the following steps:

If updates are found, install them and see if the issue you are encountering still occurs. If the issue persists, review the next section for help finding a solution!

Step 3 - Review Troubleshooting Content

After verifying you are using the latest version of software, review the listing below of available self-service content

BBM for Android User Guide – FAQs 

• How do I get my BBM channel verified?
  • What sounds can I set for BBM?
  • What emoticons can I use?
  • Why don't all of my BBM contacts have profile pictures?
  • Why can't I add a BBM contact?
  • How do I unblock a BBM contact?
  • What is a BlackBerry ID?
  • How do I restore BBM?
  • How do I reset my lost or forgotten BlackBerry ID password?

BBM for Android Tutorials

Troubleshooting Knowledge Base Articles

• KB35114 - BBM for Android and iPhone does not proceed past the “Setting up BBM” screen
  • KB35251 - The “Music Status Updates” functionality does not let contacts know what music is playing on the Android device, iPhone, or cellular enabled iPad 
  • KB35080 - How to submit logs from BBM for Android and iPhone
  • KB35260 - "Unfortunately, BBM has stopped" is displayed when attempting to change the display picture in BBM for Android
  • KB35310 - The BBM display picture or avatar is not updated in BBM for Android and iPhone
  • KB35264 - Notifications for BBM for iPhone and cellular enabled iPad
  • KB35294 - When attempting to open or set up BBM for Android, iPhone, or cellular enabled iPad an error is displayed

BlackBerry ID Knowledge Base Articles 

• KB35007 - How to change or update the BlackBerry ID Username in BBM for iPhone or BBM for Android
  • KB34776 - Resetting the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question for BBM for iPhone or BBM for Android
  • KB35103 - How to reset the BlackBerry ID account on BBM for Android and iPhone if the Password Recovery Answer is unknown

In addition to the knowledge base articles listed above, search the BlackBerry Knowledge Base as well.

To do this, go to http://blackberry.com/btsc and search based on the issue you are encountering. To help find applicable content, start off by searching for your device platform and a few key words related to the issue you are encountering. For example, if you are having trouble sending attachments, start your search using “iPhone BBM attachments”.

If after reviewing the knowledge base you are unable to find an article that helps, post a new thread providing as much detail as possible so the community can assist. If a fellow community member responds and they post helps resolve the issue you are encountering make sure you click Accept as Solution. Doing so will others facing a similar issue that stumble across your post to identify what solution helped you get up and running again!

I hope this helps – happy chatting Smiley Very Happy 

TyW

Got a question about a BlackBerry Product or Service?

If so use the BlackBerry Contact Catalog so we can better assist > http://blck.by/2huFaGF