Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Nexus 4 (Android )
My Carrier: Optus (Australia)
Accepted Solution

Invite "Infinite Loop" or How to set someone up by PIN

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I get an invite by email, I read the email, instructions are very basic (and perhaps not meant for Android), instructions appear to be very wrong as clicking the link gets me nowhere (just to filling out another invite) and using BBM only gets me back to sending invites, there is no pending invites etc.

I should mention, I sent an invite to the person who sent me an invite back so thats two out of two people I know of so far with this issue.

How do I add them, no other messenging system has been this hard...  It needs a "pending acceptance" and invite by BBM option.

BBM off to a very rocky start, I'm almost ready to give up and I was keen to have a go...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

Re: Invite "Infinite Loop" or How to set someone up by PIN

I did not have this issue.

Both my friend and I got email that we got to front of line to sign up for bbm today. I signed up with blackberry ID and sent him an invite via email (ie outside bbm & the email showed my pin). Then I got an invite from him within bbm to connect.  At that point, there was a button on the invite saying "accept". Clicking that connected us on bbm. I'm not sure if he clicked on the link in my email invite or looked me up within bbm itself. 

Btw, are you sure you got that email saying you are at front of line to get onto bbm?

New Contributor

The other person was waiting which is why we didn't try earlier, I'd registered so didn't have to queue. There is no accept button in the email, just a link it tells you to use:

On Android or iPhone click www.pin.bbm.com/[thepin] to add me or download BBM.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

for me the "accept" button also was not in email but in the bbm itself in the section where it shows "pending invites" or something like that

New Contributor

I got the other person to resend the invite and this time it was in the "Invites" screen on the left.  Thank you.  I'll probably stop using it anyway as the chat font is way too small and not configurable but we'll see.