Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility
Accepted Solution

Keep PIN number

Greetings,

I've received a letter from Telus saying that CDMA/EVDO will be shutting down on March 31, 2014, and that my Style 9670 will no longer function.

Is the BBM PIN number tied to the device? Or is there a way to keep my PIN number, in case I buy a BlackBerry 10 device?

Thanks,

Shane.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Keep PIN number

Hi Shane

Yes, PIN is tied with the device. Nowadays, BBM is associated with our BlackBerry ID, not with the device PIN anymore. No need to re-invite individually.
You can sign in with same BlackBerry ID to restore your BBM data over the wireless network.

After setting up BBM on your new device, your contacts, profile, channels and groups are automatically backed up over the wireless network based on your BlackBerry ID.

Regards.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

arthur72 wrote:
Nowadays, BBM is associated with our BlackBerry ID, not with the device PIN anymore. No need to re-invite individually.

So when I sign into BBM using my BlackBerry ID (my email address), it will import my contacts that I set up on my previous device?

Thanks,

Shane.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Yes. Once you have logged in to your BBID in your new device, your BBM contacts will restore automatically. It will restore your ID in BB World as well.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals