Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Latest BBM Beta Crashes After Install on OS 10.2.1.1055

[ Edited ]

If you are running OS 10.2.1.1055 and installed the latest BBM beta from Beta Zone you likely are missing your BBM right now.  The latest beta version crashes instantly on OS 10.2.1.1055.  Below are the steps to revert back to the release version.

1.  Go to the following link:  https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/betas/downloads/1113

2.  Download the secure bar file.  Enter your pin when asked and a keycode will be emailed to you.

3.  Connect your device to your PC and double click on the secure bar file.  It will ask you for the keycode.  Copy and paste it in from the email you received.

4.  Once installed BBM will have to resync.  You will lose your chats but everything else should sync back.  (Note:  It may be possible to skip this step.  Once you install the BAR file you can try skipping to step 5 without opening BBM and starting the resync. However, if after trying the refresh procedure listed in step 5 BBWorld still doesn't show an upgrade available, open BBM and let the sync start and then procede with step 5 again.)

5.  Once everything has resync'd open BBWorld and swipe down from the top and go to Settings >General and tap on Refresh BlackBerry World.  BBWorld will close.

6.  Reopen BBWorld and download the release version of BBM. 

You should be back to normal, just missing your chats.  You will also need to readjust your notification settings for BBM, BBM Groups, and Video Calling.

Happy BBM'ing.

John_Clark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Latest BBM Beta Crashes After Install on OS 10.2.1.1055

John, thank you for this info.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Latest BBM Beta Crashes After Install on OS 10.2.1.1055

Thanks John. Same here, after updating it crashes before it opens. Sadly, I'm away from my laptop. No BBM till got home. Also, I tweeted, I send feedback to BBM team but no response from their end. Hope they will release fix soon enough. :-)