12-19-2013 08:39 PM - edited 12-19-2013 09:30 PM
If you are running OS 10.2.1.1055 and installed the latest BBM beta from Beta Zone you likely are missing your BBM right now. The latest beta version crashes instantly on OS 10.2.1.1055. Below are the steps to revert back to the release version.
1. Go to the following link: https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/betas/download
2. Download the secure bar file. Enter your pin when asked and a keycode will be emailed to you.
3. Connect your device to your PC and double click on the secure bar file. It will ask you for the keycode. Copy and paste it in from the email you received.
4. Once installed BBM will have to resync. You will lose your chats but everything else should sync back. (Note: It may be possible to skip this step. Once you install the BAR file you can try skipping to step 5 without opening BBM and starting the resync. However, if after trying the refresh procedure listed in step 5 BBWorld still doesn't show an upgrade available, open BBM and let the sync start and then procede with step 5 again.)
5. Once everything has resync'd open BBWorld and swipe down from the top and go to Settings >General and tap on Refresh BlackBerry World. BBWorld will close.
6. Reopen BBWorld and download the release version of BBM.
You should be back to normal, just missing your chats. You will also need to readjust your notification settings for BBM, BBM Groups, and Video Calling.
12-19-2013 09:59 PM
John, thank you for this info.
12-19-2013 11:51 PM
Thanks John. Same here, after updating it crashes before it opens. Sadly, I'm away from my laptop. No BBM till got home. Also, I tweeted, I send feedback to BBM team but no response from their end. Hope they will release fix soon enough. :-)