Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: zain

My New Q10 BBM Display Picture Won't Change

Hello there, I just bought a Q10 about a month ago, and everything is just fine. I only discovered one problem, that is that my BBM display picture won't be shown to my contacts. I only discovered that after my friend had told me. She also pointed that it's not just me a lot of her friends who have bought Q10 have the same problem. Is there a way to fix this?  

thank you for your time :3 

Contributor
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: My New Q10 BBM Display Picture Won't Change

[ Edited ]

maram929 wrote:

>>my BBM display picture won't be shown to my contacts. I only discovered that after my friend had told me. She also pointed that it's not just me a lot of her friends who have bought Q10 have the same problem. Is there a way to fix this

The BBM photo is separate from the one shown in the Contacts app. If the BBM one is blank, you can slow touch and paste something there from Pictures.

When a BBM friend changes their BBM photo, it magically appears in your BBM view.

yes when i change my dp it doesn't change it's shown as blank to my contacts. i changed my dp and asked them to confirm it.. but i got the same replay each time "it is blank" " nothing" .. etc 

what i'm talking about is my BBM display picture. and by contacts i mean BBM contacts. i'm already familiar with blackberry i've been using blackberry for 5 years now. i never faced a problem like that, and cause lots of ppl who have bought Q10 as well are facing the same problem i thought maybe it's in the settings or software. i really hope that there's an easy solution for this. thank you :3
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have the same problem with my Z10 since last 3 weeks and I too have a new phone. I took it to the local Blackberry center and they said they have a link for sortware update but will take a few days. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: MTN

I am extremely good with Blackberry been using them for years. however my new Q10 allows me to update the BBM profile but wont show it to anyone except myself.

I have tried all the usual tricks with rebooting, reinstalling, but nothing seems to work. Ive registered the phone on the network again as well.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? Please help!

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Airtel

Have heard such issues from lot of users now! Very strange!

--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE Smiley Wink
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Aircel India

I have heard it too!

New Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: thandiwe

Any has had a break through on this. Please help. It's been a month since I've had this Q10. HELP
New Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: thandiwe

Hi. You have to do a security wipe. Back up all your contacts and apps etc. After the security wipe then restart your phone and bbm. It works.